The recipient of the 2013 President’s Award of Excellence exemplifies all of the Niagara Health System’s values in his daily work, and his approach to caring for patients and families is driven by a patient-centred approach.
Mike Dueck, a member of the Greater Niagara General Site Physiotherapy Team, was officially recognized for his extraordinary service Thursday, March 27, at the NHS’s 9th annual Awards of Excellence celebration. The President’s Award is presented each year to individuals or teams – staff members, physicians and volunteers – who exemplify all of the NHS’s success factors and demonstrate the values of compassion, professionalism and respect.
Mike is well known for going above and beyond in caring for his patients and their loved ones. He was nominated twice by his peers. The nominations highlight his abilities to build collaborative, respectful relationships, as well as his supportive leadership style, positive attitude and active participation in continually enhancing the quality of physiotherapy services at the GNG Site.
“Mike is an exceptional Physiotherapist and a role model for others,” says Interim President and CEO Angela Zangari. “He is well deserving of the 2013 President’s Award of Excellence, and we are all very proud of his achievements.”
Six additional awards were presented to members of the NHS team who were nominated by their peers for demonstrating exceptional behaviours related to the NHS’s Success Factors or Core Values.
- Focus on those we serve: Wanda Hope, PACS System Administrator, Diagnostic Imaging, Welland Site
- Bring out the best in each other: Scott Chambers, Registered Practical Nurse, Greater Niagara General Site
- Bring out the best in each other: Terry Parker, Registered Practical Nurse, St. Catharines Site
- Build strong and successful relationships: Marg Todd, Manager, Health Records and Patient Registration, Welland and Port Colborne sites
- Use our resources wisely: Nancy Aedy, Registered Nurse, St. Catharines Site
- Compassion, Professionalism and Respect: Susan Kennedy, Accounts Receivable Clerk, St. Catharines Site
“The past year has brought many milestones and successes as we work together to continue to strengthen local healthcare and the Niagara Health System,” says Mrs. Zangari. “Only a remarkable team dedicated to providing quality patient care could achieve all of these milestones and successes, and our 2013 award winners are a wonderful representation of the outstanding people who work and volunteer at the NHS.”
Media contact: Caroline Bourque Wiley, Manager, Communications, 905-378-4647, ext. 43113; email@example.com