NIAGARA, ON – The media is invited to attend a series of public open houses featuring our new Health-Care Complex and Walker Family Cancer Centre currently being constructed at First Street and Fourth Avenue in St. Catharines.
The first public open house kicked off in Thorold last evening and will be followed by events in St. Catharines on Thursday Sept. 24 and Niagara-on-the-Lake on Wednesday Sept. 30.
Members of the media are invited to attend the open houses to:
- View an aerial overview of the site as it has progressed since PCL mobilized at the end of April
- Receive an update on forthcoming construction milestones and view a 4-D image slide show on the development of the building over the next three years
- Receive an update on current construction manpower and use of subcontractors, service providers and suppliers on board
- Review preliminary interior and exterior design options
- Learn about how radiation therapy works and how we are designing and constructing a safe radiation treatment facility
Representatives who will be on hand to answer questions about the project will include Plenary Health Niagara, PCL, Cancer Care Ontario and Niagara Health System. Each open house has a drop-in format from 3 to 7 p.m..
A presentation by the project team will be held at each location at 6 p.m.
Thursday, September 24
Ontario Street Site,
6th Floor Boardroom
155 Ontario Street
Wednesday, September 30
176 Wellington Street
Complimentary parking will be provided. Members of the public can call Liisa Morley, Project Communications Coordinator, at 905-378-4647, ext. 46542 or email@example.com for more information.
Members of the media can contact Caroline Bourque Wiley, Public Affairs Consultant, at 905-378-4647, ext. 43113, for more information.