NIAGARA, Ontario: Members of the media are invited to attend a panel discussion on providing appropriate care in pediatric sexual abuse/assault to be held Thursday, March 11, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Welland Site of the Niagara Health System (NHS).
This event is presented by the Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Program of the NHS. Panel speakers are:
- 10:15 a.m.: Anne Niec, M.D., F.R.C.P.(C), Child Advocacy Assessment Program – McMaster Children’s Hospital
- 10:45 a.m.: Nicola Jones, Coordinator of Training and Development Family and Children’s Services, Niagara
- 11:05 a.m.: Sergeant Michael Woods, Niagara Regional Police Child Abuse Unit
- 11:25 a.m.: Cindy Paskey, Executive Director, Child Advocacy Centre Niagara
- 11:45 a.m.: Anna-Marie Pietrantonio, MSW, RSW, Clinical Specialist, Child Advocacy Assessment Program, McMaster Children’s Hospital
- 12:50 p.m.: Karen Van Dyke, MSW, RSW, Therapist, Child & Adolescent Outpatient Mental Health, Niagara Health System
- 1:10 p.m. Patricia Hutchinson, MSW, RSW, Therapist, Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Program, Niagara Health System.
The panel experts will present aspects of their role in the provision of care and investigation of pediatric sexual abuse/assault.
The discussion will take place in the Auditorium on the First Floor.
To attend or for more information, contact:
Caroline Bourque Wiley
Public Affairs Consultant
905-378-4647, ext. 43113