With what is being described as the worst snow storm so far this winter coming our way, Niagara Health System would like to remind the public that the hospital will be open providing patient care throughout the storm as usual.
All of our Emergency Departments will remain open 24/7, as will the Urgent Care Centres at the Douglas Memorial Site and the Port Colborne General Site. The Urgent Care Centre at the Ontario Street Site will maintain regular hours, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Elective surgeries and diagnostic tests, including CT scans, MRIs and X-rays, will go ahead as scheduled across our sites. However, patients and family members who are booked for procedures and tests on Wednesday, Feb. 2, are encouraged to call the Admitting Department in the morning to rebook their procedure if they are concerned about getting to, or are unable to get to, the hospital during the storm.
“We understand that the snow storm can create undue hardship on our patients, and we want to ensure they are safe,” says Niagara Health Vice President Anne Atkinson. “Any patients who are concerned about getting to the hospital are encouraged to rebook their appointment. We will do everything we can to ensure these appointments are rescheduled for the earliest possible time.”
“I would like to thank all of our healthcare professionals and staff for their extraordinary efforts in ensuring our patients are well cared for during the storm,” says Anne.
The Admitting Department can be reached through the hospital’s main number: 905-378-4647.