Last evening, Dr. Kevin Smith, Niagara Health System Supervisor, called the first meeting of the Community-Based Nominating Committee that will help him select the new Board for the hospital system.The membership of the committee accepted their mandate, and will now begin advertising for candidates to join the new NHS Board of Directors.
Interested parties are asked to visit the Niagara Health System website to download and complete an application. Applications will be due on December 3, 2012.
The desirable personal characteristics for Directors as identified by the Committee are:
- Commitment to governing a high-quality healthcare organization, acting in the best interests of our patients and the communities we serve
- An understanding of and commitment to the NHS Vision, Mission and Values
- Commitment to governing an environment that promotes a high-quality worklife
- Honesty and integrity
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to communicate effectively
- A willingness to devote the time and effort required to be an effective Board member
- Visionary thinker