The St. Catharines Site of the Niagara Health System has recently reviewed its parking arrangement and recognized a greater need for improved safety, accessibility, convenience, and barrier-free parking. We have listened to feedback from the community and stakeholders and are making improvements. In addition to providing greater accessibility and safety for patients and visitors, these modifications will serve to keep the fire route unobstructed.
These improvements include the following:
Lot A and Main Entrance
- Moving the current barrier-free parking area in front of the Main Entrance to inside the gated area to Lot A; two barrier-free spots will remain in this location
- Adding an additional 28 barrier-free spots (total of 48)
- Adding two barrier-free and six fifteen-minute drop off spots in front of the Main Entrance
- Moving the dialysis patient parking spots adjacent to the First Street Entrance
Lot B and Emergency Department Entrance
- Moving seven of the barrier-free spots in front of the Emergency Department Entrance to inside the gated area of Lot B; four barrier-free spots will remain in this location
- Adding four barrier-free spots and seven fifteen-minute drop off spots in front of the Emergency Department
- Adding seven barrier-free spots
The changes will occur during night time hours the week of September 30 (weather permitting). We will have security staff in parking lots helping to direct drivers during the transition. Every attempt will be made to avoid disruption during regular business hours.
Thank you for your patience while we make these important improvements to the safety and accessibility of our parking lots.
Media contact: Rebecca Slavik, Communications Specialist, 905-378-4647, ext. 43879; firstname.lastname@example.org