The healthcare team at the Niagara Health System is extremely grateful to all of the participants and donors to the Rankin Cancer Run 2013. Thank you for making such a difference in our community.
This year, a total of $675,000 was raised and given back to the Niagara community to support cancer care. The Niagara Health System was the appreciative recipient of a total of $450,000, which was designated for the following areas:
- $260,000 to the Walker Family Cancer Centre
- $50,000 for palliative care at Douglas Memorial Site in Fort Erie
- $50,000 for palliative care at Greater Niagara General Site in Niagara Falls
- $30,000 for palliative care at Niagara-on-the-Lake Site
- $30,000 for palliative care at Port Colborne Site
- $30,000 for colorectal cancer at the Welland Site
Bob Meunier was a key organizer and active participant of the annual Rankin Cancer Run. He passed away in January of this year. Pictured here are Rankin Run Volunteers and Bob’s sisters, Louise Rivett (left), a clerical support worker at the NHS, and Lorraine Meunier (right), presenting donation cheques from money raised this year to NHS Chief Financial Officer Angela Zangari.
In eight years, almost $4 million has been given back to the Niagara community as a result of money raised by the Rankin Cancer Run.