"Filling the Void" Conservative Management of Renal Disease
Date and Time: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 | 8:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: St. Catharines Site | 1200 Fourth Avenue, Saint Catharines, ON L2S 0A9
The Niagara Health Kidney Care Program is pleased to offer a one day program for healthcare professionals who provide patient care. The program will address special considerations related to conversative care issues in both the community and hospital settings.
Emphasis will be placed on:
- Medical Futility
- Spiritual Care End of Life Conversations
- Medical Marijuana
- Case Studies: A Dietitian's Perspective
- ORN Project - "Your Symptoms Matter"
- A Real Life Patient Story
Speakers and Guests:
- Dr. Robert Butcher, Ethicist, Niagara Health
- Robert Tees, Coordinator of Spiritual Care, Niagara Health
- Jillian Henderson, Head of Medical Outreach, Canadian Cannabis Clinics
- Nancy Hemrica, Clinical Manager, St. Joesph's Healthcare Hamilton
- Kelly Taylor, Renal Nurse Navigator, Niagara Health
- Amy Haskin & Clare Chartrand, Dietitians, Niagara Health
- Renal Patient Family Member
Registration: (Last date to register is June 9th)
General Registration: $45.00
Student Registration: $30.00