We’re very proud of the exceptional work, research and innovation happening across our sites to improve patient care and safety.
Throughout the year, this work and research is also being presented by our teams to other healthcare leaders at conferences across Canada and beyond.
For instance, this week three of our initiatives are being featured in the Excellence in Practice Poster Display at the Ontario Hospital Association’s HealthAchieve Conference in Toronto:
- The Anterior Hip Early Ambulation and Discharge (AHEAD) Program.
- Never Events for Hospital Care Safety Initiative.
- Targeting Malnutrition Using the Integrated Nutrition Pathway for Acute Care: A Quality Improvement Initiative.
Here are other recent examples of our teams presenting at conferences and our work being recognized:
- The Niagara Eating Disorder Outpatient Program had their research accepted at the 2018 International Conference for Eating Disorders in Chicago.
- Niagara Health’s poster on the Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) process was awarded second place at the Canadian Association of Nephrology Nurses and Technologists Conference in Halifax in October.
- In October, our President Suzanne Johnston moderated a panel discussion at the Niagara Economic Summit entitled “The Next 150 Years: Transformational Change.”