Niagara Health is caring for a patient who has tested positive for COVID-2019.
We received confirmation of a positive case the evening of Thursday, March 12, following testing of a patient at our St. Catharines Site.
The patient was brought to the St. Catharines Emergency Department by ambulance on Tuesday, March 10. The patient is currently in an isolation room in an inpatient unit undergoing treatment by our infectious diseases team to manage their symptoms and is in stable condition.
The hospital remains a safe place for patients and the public. We are taking every possible step to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
There are no changes to our hospital practices at this time, and we would like to remind everyone of the importance of remaining vigilant with our infection prevention and control practices.
- Niagara Health Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19
- Niagara Region Public Health
- Public Health Agency of Canada information on Coronaviruses
- Government of Ontario - Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCOv)
- Latest travel advice
- Tips to stay healthy and prevent the spread of illness
Please check back regularly for updates related to the hospital’s COVID-19 response.