Dr. Karim Ali, Director, Division of Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Stewardship Program, and Emergency Preparedness Lead at Niagara Health, joined the Greater Niagara Chamber of Commerce (GNCC) as a guest speaker for an episode of its Espresso Live webinar series on Sept. 29.
In his webinar – COVID-19: The Pandemic of Our Times – Dr. Ali shares information and expertise on a number of topics, including:
- The impact of COVID-19 globally, as well as how Canada compares and how the virus has impacted Niagara;
- The origins of novel coronavirus, how the virus mutates, its infection and transmission rates;
- Data demonstrating how COVID-19 has spread around the world and in Niagara;
- What healthcare experts have learned about the virus so far and the development of a vaccine; and
- What to expect in the coming months and what we need to do to get through the second wave of the pandemic.
Dr. Ali also addresses questions from community members about Canada’s response to the pandemic, as well as lessons learned, the possibility of eradicating the virus, herd immunity and more.
The webinar is available for viewing on the GNCC website. The GNCC has been a long-standing partner of Niagara Health and we appreciate their support in helping us share information about COVID-19 with the community.