We have always appreciated the generosity of our community who donate items such as toys, flowers and food to our patients and team members during the holidays.
To ensure safety during the pandemic, groups will be unable to present these donations on our medical units, as they have generously done in past years.
However, if you or an organization would like to donate items to our patients or teams, we ask that you please follow our safety guidelines:
- Arrange non-food donations ahead of time by contacting the Niagara Health Foundation (905-323-3863 or firstname.lastname@example.org). The Foundation will co-ordinate the drop-off and distribution of donations to units.
- All donated items must be new and individually wrapped.
- If you would like to make a food donation to our teams, please email Karen Wilson at Karen.Wilson@niagarahealth.on.ca
- Food donations will be accepted Monday to Friday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Donors will be given drop-off instructions once a date and time have been confirmed.
- Meals must be single portions and wrapped.
We know that families and friends may wish to send flowers to their loved ones while they are in the hospital, and we are pleased to support these deliveries where possible. In order to keep everyone safe we have implemented the following guidelines:
- We can only accept deliveries of flowers with no soil. Plants cannot be accepted.
- Flower deliveries to the Oncology unit are not permitted at this time.
- Outside of the designated visiting blocks for inpatients, flower deliveries can be made to the designated entrances and times at each of our sites (see below), where a staff member will then bring the flowers to the patient.
- Learn more about flower deliveries here.
Flowers may be dropped off at the following locations and times:
- Fort Erie SIte: Main entrance (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Niagara Falls Site: Main entrance (6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Port Colborne Site: Urgent Care Centre entrance (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- St. Catharines Site: Main entrance (6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Welland Site: Main entrance (6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
Looking for other ways to support Niagara Health during the holidays?
Please considering supporting Niagara Health Foundation’s Celebration of Lights holiday campaign. The annual campaign directly supports Niagara Health’s five hospital sites; funding urgently needed equipment that is essential for patients and residents in our community. For more information, visit www.niagarahealthfoundation.com or www.lightsforhealth.com
We are incredibly grateful for the community's support.
Whatever tradition you celebrate at this time of year, we wish you all a happy, healthy and safe holiday season.