Niagara Health is maintaining our masking requirement for everyone inside our hospitals.
Although provincial masking mandates will change on Saturday, June 11, Niagara Health will continue to require everyone who comes into any of our hospital sites to continue to wear a face mask, including when visiting at a patient’s bedside.
Hospitals care for vulnerable patients who are at heightened risk of infection. Continuing to follow masking is an effective infection prevention and control measure against COVID-19. Masking helps us to maintain a safe environment for our patients and their loved ones, and for our staff, physicians and volunteers, by limiting the risk of infection transmission and outbreaks.
There are no changes to our visitor guidelines, which must be followed. They include:
- Complete COVID-19 screening online before entering.
- Wearing a mask at all times while inside the hospital.
- Clean hands when entering or leaving spaces.
- Practice physical distancing where possible.
- No eating or drinking inside patient rooms and other areas not designated for food or drink consumption.
- Wear identifying stickers in an easy-to-see spot.
- Be respectful.
Consistent with provincial direction for long-term care, masking will also continue to be mandatory in our Extended Care Unit at the Welland Site.
For further updates on our visitor guidelines and other COVID-19 related information, please visit our Visitor Information page.