Representatives of the news media are invited to cover a Community Health Forum focusing on an enhanced colorectal cancer screening program in Niagara. Ontario has the second-highest rate of colorectal (bowel/colon) cancer in the world, and this free education evening features local experts in the fields of early detection and screening.
Welland resident Joe Hrechanyk will talk about his patient experience, from the screening tests to his surgery to remove cancerous polyps and follow-up care. Joe had the distinction of being selected to help launch Ontario's ColonCancerCheck program with the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care in March.
Colorectal Screening Education Evening
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Four Points Suites Sheraton (Brock Room)
3530 Schmon Parkway, Thorold
Free admission and parking – light refreshments
- Dr. Jeff Cranford, General Surgeon
- Dr. Janice Giesbrecht, Oncologist
- Cindy Mutch, Health Promoter, Juravinski Cancer Centre, Hamilton
- Kathy Hume, NHS Clinical Manager Regional Colorectal Screening Program
- Joe Hrechanyk, Welland Patient
- MC Patty Welychka, NHS Health Program Director