Tomorrow is Doctors’ Day, and for the month of May we will be joining the Ontario Medical Association in celebrating our team of more than 600 physicians for all that they do to help our patients and families live healthier and fuller lives.
We encourage members of the media to contact our Corporate Communications Department about any or all of the following interview possibilities:
- Physician recruitment: We have recruited 40 specialist physicians to the NHS over the last year, particularly in the areas of psychiatry and cardiology.
- Talk to a cardiac specialist who left his hometown in Niagara for educational and work opportunities and has now returned to practice at the Heart Investigation Unit at the NHS.
- Talk to our physician recruiter about our many recruitment successes and why specialist physicians are choosing to come to Niagara.
- Partnership with McMaster’s medical school: NHS’s relationship with the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine at McMaster University is thriving; the Niagara campus’s Class of 2014 (fourth graduating class) just graduated.
- Talk to our first-ever Vice President Academic, Dr. Peter Kagoma, about his new role as NHS’s liaison with the medical school. Dr. Kagoma has a key role in advancing our academic objectives in education and research.
- Talk to NHS physicians working with McMaster and Brock students on quality improvement projects at the NHS. There are currently 11 such projects underway at the NHS to improve patient care and the patient experience.
“We are fortunate to have so many talented physicians treating and caring for our patients. We often hear from patients and families about their excellent experiences, and we are honoured to celebrate our physicians’ important contributions to healthcare in Niagara.” Angela Zangari, President (Interim)
“I am so proud of each and every one of our physicians. They work extremely hard and are very dedicated to creating a great experience for our patients and their families.” Interim Chief of Staff Dr. Joanna Hope
“Our physicians make such a positive difference in the lives of Niagara residents, and it is exciting to have an opportunity to celebrate their efforts as part of Doctors’ Day. I am extremely proud to be a member of the NHS team of physicians dedicated to providing high-quality care and to helping our patients live healthier and fuller lives.” Dr. Satish Chawla, President, Medical Staff Association
Media contact: Rebecca Slavik, Communications Specialist, 905-378-4647, ext. 43879;