NIAGARA, ON - The Niagara Health System (NHS) is launching a Speakers Bureau program to help people learn more about the changing role of healthcare, how they can stay healthy and the role the NHS plays in their life now and in the future.
“We’ve always had an informal Speakers Bureau and our leaders have presented to many service clubs and business organizations over the years,” said Debbie Sevenpifer, NHS President and CEO. “We are enhancing our Speakers Bureau in 2009 as a way to inform and educate the public about charting our course for better healthcare. We’ve already received positive feedback on the initiative, as well as some presentation bookings and we look forward to meeting people and getting out and about in Niagara.”
The Speakers Bureau is designed to give groups and organizations an opportunity to learn more about the hospital, our programs and services, and other topics of interest. Through this free service, physicians, health-care professionals and others affiliated with the NHS share their expertise with community or church groups, schools, service clubs, or businesses throughout Niagara.
- Hospital Improvement Plan – Charting our course as we move forward with care for today, tomorrow and generations to come
- Nursing in the 21st Century – The changing role of nursing in today’s high-tech hospitals
- Designing for the Future – The latest on the new west St. Catharines health-care complex
- Transitioning Care Needs as We Age – Moving to the right level of care as we age is often necessary for many health and safety reasons. This presentation helps families understand the steps to take and what’s available in Niagara
- Careers in Healthcare – Teenagers who are planning their future learn about the wide range of career opportunities in hospital healthcare
- Infection Prevention - Keeping Patients Safe in Hospital – Learn more about the many safety and hand-hygiene measures in place in our hospitals
For more information, contact Caroline Bourque Wiley, Public Affairs Consultant, at 905-378-4647, ext. 43113 or email@example.com.