Niagara Health will be closing its COVID-19 Assessment Centres in Niagara Falls and Welland in mid-July due to reduced demand for testing.
The Niagara Health St. Catharines Assessment Centre will remain open. Community pharmacies, primary care and other test centres will remain open for the community.
- St. Catharines Assessment Centre, will remain open Monday to Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Niagara Falls Assessment Centre, will close at 4 p.m. on Friday, July 16, 2021.
- Welland Assessment Centre, will close at 5 p.m. on Friday, July 16, 2021.
Our assessment centre teams are nimble and can move quickly to ramp back up should demand for testing increase. Since our assessment centres opened, we have processed 255,717 COVID tests on 143,981 individuals.
We will continue to provide updates of changes to our COVID-19 response as we move forward with the recovery phase of the response.
Find your closest Ontario testing location to get a COVID‑19 test.
- Find a COVID-19 testing location near you.
- If you have symptoms or have been directed to an Assessment Centre for a test, book an appointment online with Niagara Health or call 905-378-4647 ext. 42819 (4-CV19).
Getting tested is one of the most effective strategies to minimize the spread of COVID-19. Anyone who has been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person or is experiencing symptoms should get tested. Please see the provincial testing guidelines for more information.