Niagara Health’s COVID-19 Assessment Centres are temporarily extending their hours due to an increased demand in booking for COVID-19 tests. Self-referrals have steadily increased over the last week to a high of 1,800 on Dec. 20. Please note that Niagara Health does not accept walk-ins for COVID-19 testing.
Holiday hours of operation for the St. Catharines and Niagara Falls assessment centres are as follows:
Dec. 21-23: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Dec. 24: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Dec. 25: Closed
Dec. 26-30: 8 a.m. to 6 p .m.
Dec. 31: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Jan. 1: Closed
After Jan. 1, regular hours will resume at both locations.
Please note that appointments are currently being booked three days in advance. Results are typically available within 24 to 48 hours, but may take up to seven days and can be checked on the Niagara Health Navigator app (available in the Google Play store or Apple app store), provincial Test Results website or MyChart.
COVID-19 test appointments can be booked online or by calling 905-378-4647 ext. 42819 (4-CV19). Please note that Niagara Health does not accept walk-ins for COVID-19 testing at either location.
Book an appointment with Niagara Health if you are:
- Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms;
- Have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus, as informed by a public health unit or exposure notification through the COVID Alert app;
- A resident or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified and informed by the local public health unit;
- Eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative directed by the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Long-Term Care.
- Receive a positive rapid antigen test (if you have a positive rapid antigen test, you’re required to get a laboratory-PCR test through Niagara Health to confirm a COVID-19 infection and isolate until the confirmed lab results are received.
Please arrive at the designated appointment time and do not come early. If you do not match these criteria, please find another testing centre near you.
For more information, please visit our Assessment Centres page.