Starting today, Friday, June 3, Niagara Health visitor guidelines are increasing to allow two visitors at the bedside at one time for inpatient units, including Labour and Delivery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). There is no change for outpatient, Emergency Department (ED) and Urgent Care Centres (UCC), where patients can continue to bring one person to support them.
The changes we are making to support visitors acknowledge the integral role they have in supporting the care and well-being of our patients. These changes are also balanced with the need to keep everyone in our hospitals safe. We ask everyone to follow all infection prevention and control protocols while inside the hospital:
- Wear a mask at all times, including at the patient’s bedside.
- Complete COVID-19 screening before entering.
- Clean your hands when entering or leaving spaces.
- Practice physical distancing where possible.
- No eating or drinking inside patient rooms and other areas not designated for food or drink consumption.
- Wear identifying stickers in an easy-to-see spot.
Niagara Health strongly recommends full vaccination against COVID-19. Visitors must pass COVID-19 screening before entering the hospital; however, proof of vaccination is no longer required.
Visit our website for visitor information and to learn about programs for family and loved ones to support patients.